Springs and summers mean a lot of socialising and buzzing outside! Outdoors are open, and there are carnivals, fairs, competitions and multiple such events being organised everywhere! The fun factor is certainly promising here! But what about safety? Are your guests and attendees safe at the event you are planning? Can parents trust you by sending their kids for participation at your outdoor activity set-up?
Well, an event would stay fun if you know no one would get hurt! And when masses flock outdoors together and are ready to experience joy and vigour at the same time, you can imagine the friction of excitement in the air! And managing all these swiftly plus guaranteeing one hundred percent safety require pre-planning and thoughtful management!
Safety tips for securing outdoor events!
Your event was planned months back! The date finalised, ground booked and legal permission granted, costumes (if any) were made, stalls were booked, cheerleaders called, chief guests invited and everything was done perfectly! But did you in this mayhem forget the security and safety of the crowd attending the event? Have you even thought about the various ways of how to make your event safe and sound? No? Then take a look below, and organise the same ASAP!
- Borders and gates — Marking the entrance and exits is essential for any outdoor event, even though it may be in the middle of a path! Your crowd should follow a set pattern to enter the ground and another proper way to exit the same. This prevents chaos and rush at both these areas. Also, install some gates here, though temporary, with ‘entry’ and ‘exit’ written clearly!
- Get those fences —Just gates aren’t enough! You need fences to mark the boundary too. This enhances the safety of the crowd and discriminates your event area from the rest of the area, and people know where they have to be to enjoy the fun! But ensure to get the excellent quality fences from A.F.C. Rent A Fence (after checking temporary fencing prices from other providers) — they provide you the most pocket friendly option with maximum quality assurances!
- Define the rules — Is your event open to all or it’s just for kids? Are pets allowed and what’s the price per ticket? Do you allow outside food and beverages or everything should be bought ‘in the house’? Be clear with these instructions and whatever else you have in mind — and let it be displayed prominently at the gates. This would ensure no chaos, no hassle, no miscommunication, no mismatched expectations!
- Get the official help —Crises can happen anywhere! Security is thus always needed! Have you thought of requesting the services of police security or employ private security guards for the event? If not, do it now! After all, hundreds or thousands are going to visit the event, and their safety (and the organisers’ too) is necessary!
- Medical centre — First aid and medical help in case of emergency is the key factor to organise in any event. There can be slips, falls, injuries, fights and what not! An event with loads of people requires a medical help at some point! Ensure you have it available!
The amount of responsibilities these events ask for is visible! You just can’t ignore the safety factor in such a situation! Hence following the above guidelines and arranging for the same should be your primary concern before the big day arrives!