uPVC windows can be cleaned easily and are low-maintenance. However, they are not suitable for all weather conditions. Over time, dirt, dust, and grime buildup.
In most cases, persistence and a little elbow grease will restore the shine to your uPVC windows frames.
The best method to clean uPVC windows is to:
- You should open the window as wide as possible and vacuum in all alcoves. Use a soft brush nozzle on your hoover to minimize the scratching of your uPVC windows.
- Use warm soapy water (washing-up liquid is best) and a sponge or soft cloth to clean the window. Avoid using cream cleaners or scouring pads as they can scratch the uPVC’s ‘glossy” finish.
- You can drain any water from the tea towel or kitchen roll and dry it with a non-abrasive cloth like a tea towel or T-shirt, or rag.
Mix 2 cups water with 1/4 cup vinegar 1/2 cup liquid soap, and dip an old newspaper in the cleaning solution. This will give you crystal-clear windows. To remove any dirt, smears, or wax built upon the glass, use the newspaper to wipe it off in a circular motion.
How to whiten and clean uPVC windows frames
Older uPVC windows may lose their luster and shine due to a buildup of dirt and grime.
May this scenario sound familiar? You don’t need to purchase specialized cleaning agents to restore it to its original state.
UPVC Window Frame Cleaning is easy with
- Combine 1 cup vinegar and 4 cups hot water, then pour the mixture into your sprayer.
- Spray the solution on the uPVC, and let it stand for about 10 minutes.
- Use a dry, clean, and smooth cloth to wipe down any liquid.
Baby wipes can be used for delicate cleaning tasks and cleaning most items.
Use cream cleaners and abrasive cleaners sparingly. They will scratch the top layer uPVC and permanently strip the shiny or glossy finish.
If this product is not strong enough, you may need to purchase one of the specialized uPVC cleaning products.
These products are suitable for the job:
- De-Solv – It UPVC cleaner
- EverBuild PVCu solvent cleaner
- No-Nonsense uPVC cleaner
- Thompson’s UPVC Restorer
- Vistal Hard Surface Cleaner
How to clean uPVC window sills
All you need to keep your white uPVC windows looking fresh and clean is a quick wipe down with warm soapy water.
Keep your uPVC windows looking great:
- Use a sponge or soft cloth to soak the frame in warm soapy water.
- To dry the frame, use a dry, non-abrasive cloth.
- Avoid using scouring pads and cream cleaners. They can cause uPVC to lose its shiny finish.
Cleaning uPVC windows: Here are some things you should avoid
It is important that you only use the right products to prevent irreparable damage to your uPVC window frames. This is especially true for liquids, sprays, and chemicals.
Avoid these things when cleaning uPVC frames, windows and sills
- Too much pressure is applied when cleaning uPVC
- Cream cleaners of the Jif and Cif type – they are slightly abrasive
- Spirits methylated
- Remove nail varnish
- White spirits
- Iron wool or wire wool
- Scouring pads