Well, most of us wouldn’t know the exact meaning of lifestyle inspired professional photography. According to credible sources, it’s defined as a style of portrait/people photography that is all about capturing real-life events, situations, or important milestones in an artistic manner. It’s not about recreating life events or staging certain events, but rather documenting life in the most natural way possible. This is why you, I, and most of us love this style of photography. It’s real in the realest sense ever.
This style of photography helps to capture things which are relevant in someone’s life and freezes their special moments. These photos not only make it easy on the family, but they are also easier on the part of the photographer. By capturing such natural shots, they create beautiful memories out of candid moments. So, hire yourself a well-known portrait photographer in Birmingham , like Dean Mitchell Photography. They have a well-equipped studio and the much-needed photography skills to present you the best shots, personal or professional.
Tips and tricks to use while shooting a lifestyle photo session
There’s something so special about capturing the things and moments that make a day wonderful. And this is exactly the feeling behind lifestyle inspired photography. Earlier, photographers were sceptical about ‘wasting’ film. They were more inclined towards clicking and getting clicked poised and perfect pictures. But today, it’s all about the candidness that stands out in a picture. So, use these tips to hone your lifestyle photo clicking skills:
- Keep it natural: The first thing that you need to remember is that lifestyle is not staged, so it’s photography can’t be too. You can’t force these pictures. You can’t pose. Instead, you have to play with concepts. The photos need to be natural and nothing should be tweaked or changed to make it work. It’s about capturing the family or the individual in a natural, common environment.
- Use what’s available: This style of photography absolutely bans the use of props. You can ask your clients for photos of their homes, so that you can prepare a few things at your studio in advance. But, the key to success lies in the fact that you don’t overdo or overly style the shoot. Use what you have and keep it real!
- Never put down the camera: Yes, and by never, we mean never. Everything in front of you serves as an opportunity. You need to remember that life is not static. Life is movement. So, when your subjects move, it’s the best time to film it and give way to raw, uncensored clicks. Don’t worry, there’s no such thing as a ‘wasted’ photo. Random snapshots can turn out to be the most cherished memories and mean so much more later on. So, when in doubt, just snap away!
- Zoom in: Now, instead of focusing on wide shots of your clients, take your time to zoom in and capture the littlest details. There may be countless moments, movements, expressions etc. that you might not remember, or even have the eyes to see them, if you don’t have them captured.
- Act as if you aren’t there: It’s a great idea to interact with your subjects and make them feel at ease during the photo shoot. But, there are also times when you need to take a step back. Let the subjects be their own weird selves, and snap away. This will help to capture some really vivid and happy emotions.
So, these are the few things that you can keep in mind to let those lifestyle photos shine. It’s all about being carefree, in the present moment — the real and raw version. Now you are all set to crank up the sensitivity of your camera, get the proper exposure in place, and let those wonderful pictures come up one after the other.