Greg earns a living flipping houses and is currently selling his next house via online classified ads. He has never been satisfied with previous home inspectors, so he is currently on a quest for the best Atlanta home inspection company. He is looking for someone trustworthy and competent.
After searching for ten more days, he finally receives a message from an Atlanta inspector. He finally manages to get in touch with her and asks about her experience and background as an inspector. He learns that she is licensed by Georgia and has performed inspections for 14 other Atlanta real estate agencies in the past five years. He was intrigued when she said that she had done more than 1,000 inspections. This was not surprising given the sheer number of Atlanta homes, but what really grabbed his attention was her knowledge of the area and the fact that she had inspected so many houses. Despite all his knowledge, he is still determining if he’s finally found the right home inspector in Dekalb county.
What are the things to consider when choosing a home inspector? How many inspections they have done, where they are from, and their education. While there is no definitive answer, there are specific information you can use to help you find the right home inspector for your house.
There is a difference between using a licensed expert and an outsourced home inspection company.
When hiring a home inspector, it is important to know the differences between an independent contractor and a licensed professional. Although an independent contractor may not have formal education or training in their field, this is only sometimes true. The licensing process involves extensive education, testing, and training. The company that hires them must pass written exams as well as a thorough background check. They can work for multiple companies at once without having to pass any licensing or certification. Independent contractors are not necessarily better at their job than licensed professionals. However, home inspectors who have worked for a professional company are able to offer a wealth of experience that will last a lifetime.
Qualities of the Best Atlanta Home Inspectors
Choosing the right home inspector for your next inspection can take time and effort. When searching for the right home inspector, there are many things to consider. Online reviews, friends’ recommendations, licenses, and checking the online presence of the home inspector are all important factors. There are two types: non-certified and certified home inspectors. Certified Atlanta inspectors have had more training than the non-certified.
You want an experienced and well-trained inspector. The inspector should have at least three years of experience. A reputable agency like the American Society of Home Inspectors or the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors should certify them. You will need to prove that the inspectors have been trained adequately in documenting their findings.
You should check for a licensed home inspector and request a sample report. Online reviews can be used to find out what other people think about them.
There is a difference between a home inspector and a buyer’s agent
Home inspectors inspect the property for any defects. However, they are not involved in the actual transaction. An licensed by the state, a buyer’s agent has extensive experience in real-estate transactions. They can help you find a home and negotiate for you with the seller. If you’re looking for a home listed for $250,000 and you offer $230,000, the buyer’s representative will work with the listing agent to find you the house. The buyer’s agent can also point out flaws and help you decide if it is worth your time.
How to Evaluate Home Inspectors
The following questions can be asked of your home inspector to help you get to know them better. This will make it easier to select the right home inspector in Atlanta, GA.
These are some things to keep in mind when you’re looking for a home inspector.
1. The scope of work for inspectors.
2. They provide reports.
3. Spending time in the inspection field.
4. A third party can verify them.
5. Experience and training of inspectors.
6. Warranty offered.
7. Upon request, provision of ongoing reports
8. You are available for inspections as often as you need them, at least once per month.
9. Reputation among previous clients
10. Information about the licenses that were issued by the state
11. How to Reduce Your Hiring Costs
Things that Credible Inspectors Do Not Do
Home inspectors must adhere to certain guidelines. Home inspectors need to be more expert in building codes and architecture. A home inspector’s credibility is determined by his work scope, knowledge, and how he uses that information.
Without proper knowledge and qualifications, a credible inspector of homes will not comment on structural integrity or aesthetics of a building. There are also other things that an inspector can’t do. The following are some examples:
- Home inspectors do not have the qualifications to repair your home. Home inspectors should not refer homeowners to repair companies. A home inspector cannot legally fix a home they have not inspected. A homeowner should seek out suggestions from a third party if they are looking for help.
- They will only suggest repairs or other work to the house in order to find more jobs. An inspector can’t suggest unnecessary repairs so that he can inspect the property again after work is done.
- The home inspector should refrain from providing feedback to the buyer about the home’s condition, such as whether it is worth more or less. This could lead to conflicts of interest that can cause issues for both the buyers and sellers.
- Also, a credible home inspector should refrain from having any personal opinions on the house or its worth or recommend renovations.
- A home inspector should not estimate the life expectancy of a system. They must conduct extensive inspections and research to verify their estimates. They should be able to produce an accurate and comprehensive inspection report.
It is essential to research a Home Inspection Company. Before hiring a home inspector, you must be patient and thoroughly complete your research. You should also check reviews and ratings on websites like Yelp and HomeAdvisor. A good indicator that the inspector is trustworthy is if they have many 5-star reviews.